So this was suppose to be posted yesterday but I was a little under the weather and when you have a teething baby, a little under the weather turns into I want to curl into a ball under my blanket and pretend that the world never existed.
Goals for March! it is always good to have a goal right? I have been pretty slack in the goals department, good at writing them but currently finding any excuse not to reach them. That stops RIGHT NOW! By posting this I may actually be held accountable and may actually do it!
So there is a few goals. First and foremost is the March Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge. Refer to my last post or click the above button to see what I am talking about! I have complied a list of books from my TBR pile (it’s too big to possibly tackle all in a month) that I would like to complete this month. They are separated into five categories.
- Red Hill by Jamie McGuire
- Ladies Lending Library by Janice Kulyk Keefer
- Jubilee by Shelley Harris
- Girl in the Hard Hat by Loretta Hill
- Outback Promise by Maggie Bolitho
- Warwyck’s Wife by Rosalind Laker
There is at least 26 novels on my Kindle App right now waiting to be read so this could always be expanded.
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
There are literally hundreds of books on my iPhone. It is at the point where my phone and iPad are out of room! So this list could always be expanded, but I rarely read on my phone.
- Money Talks! Finally by Bill Quain
- The Third Space by Adam Fraser
I have another 5 waiting for me to read so it too can be expanded. For a goal within a goal, I am to read my personal development books for at least 15 minutes every day as well as listen to a personal development audio everyday.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz
My currently reading list is large (I get bored easily). It is little bookshelf of its own next to my side of the bed. There are 18 books in total on that shelf but 6 have already been included in the categories above. So if by some miracle, I finish these two listed, I can expand it! But really, I want to bring down the number of currently reading books more than anything.
The next list of goals is for blogging! I hope to make it consistent enough to get a larger following and discussions happening on books. Why? Because it is so exciting when others read what you are reading and converse with you over it.
- A post everyday! I know that things happen, so hopefully there will be a scheduled post for just in case scenarios!
- Every Tuesday, an update on where I stand with all the goals.
- Read everyday! Then write notes in the Reading Journal to improve the reviews.
- 50 followers on the blog! As I am writing this we have 22! For this one, I will need your help. Word of mouth! Once we get to 100 followers, we will be running a giveaway!
- Finally at the end of every month, I will do a wrap up. I will briefly outline all that has been reviewed and read.
Social Media!!!!!! I get so excited every time I have a new follower or like. It is so nice to see others loving books just as much as I do.
- Facebook – 100 likes! Currently we are sitting on 53. When we hit 250 we will be running a giveaway! http://www.facebook.com/thebookfeedblog
- Twitter – 250 followers! Currently sitting on 130. When we hit 500 we will be running a giveaway! @thebookfeedblog
- Instagram – I think we can double the 497 followers that we have. I think we can reach 1000 by the end of the month. In which I will be hosting a giveaway! @thebookfeedblog
- I will also be participating in the #keepbookmarching photo a day challenge.
Now onto my health. I have been slacking in this department. Other mums will know what I mean when I say it’s hard to keep up. Alas I have a plan!
- Gym 4 times a week! Cardio, Legs, Core and the ever dreaded Arms. I am dedicating an hour a week towards cardio as there is an 8km walk I want to do in May.
- Take all of my supplements at the right meal everyday.
- I want to be fit an healthy, so it’s not about losing weight, in fact if I gained more, I would be ecstatic, as long as it’s muscle. So I would love to fit my size 10 pants a little more comfortably. *I was a size 8 before getting pregnant and remained so until about 5 months in, so I don’t think this is unreasonable.*
What are your goals for March? Let me know, I will cheer you along the way!